1. Honesty is______policy.
a) the best c) more better
b) better d) the better
2.______men declare war. But it is the youth that fight and die.
a) oldest c) eldest
b) elder d) older
3. Of two evils choose______.
a) less c) the least
b) little d) smaller
4. What's the______news of today?
a) later c) lately
b) last d) latest
5. If you are interested in______details ask the head of the office.
a) further c) furthest
b) farther d) farthest
6. Actions speak______than words.
a) more louder c) louder
b) the loudest d) loudly
7. Hotels are becoming______nowadays.
a) more expensive c) expensiver
b) the most expensive d) the more expensive
8. The damage to the car could be______than we expected.
a) bad c) the worst
b) worse d) the worse
9. That was______case in his practice.
a) the least difficult c) the less difficulter
b) the less difficult d) difficulter
10. The sea is______unknown part of our planet.
a) the most large c) the most largest
b) the largest d) the larger
11. This cake is______the one you made last night.
a) sweeter than c) sweet as
b) sweetest d) more sweeter than
12. That was______question in the exam.
a) least difficult c) little difficult
d) the less difficult d) the least difficult
13. This was the______test I've ever done.
a) easiest c) easier
b) easy d) most easiest
14. That was the______performance I've ever seen.
a) worst c) worse
b) bad d) worser
15. Those shoes cost______mine.
a) much as c) more as
b) as much as d) as more
16. You live even______from the centre than they.
a) farther c) furthest
b) far d) more far
17.1 like Jane less than Tom, but I like Sam______of all.
a) less c) little
b) lesser d) least
18. It took Kate______to do this work.
a) long b) as long
c) the longest d) much longer
19. The smaller a garden is______it is to look after.
a) the easier c) easier
b) more easy d) most easy
20. My left arm is______than my right one.
a) stronger c) most strong
b) more stronger d) strongest
21. The people who arrive______get the best seats.
a) more earlier c) the earliest
b) most early d) much early
22. It's becoming_____ to find a job.
a) hard and hard c) hardly and hard
b) harder and harder d) the hardest and the hardest
23.______we leave,______we will arrive.
a) the earlier, the sooner c) the earliest, the soon
b) the early, sooner d) the earlier, sooner
24. Could you speak______, please?
a) distinct c) less distinctly
b) most distinct d) more distinctly